JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: Jamaican Mango & Lime

Rasta Locks Twist Jamaican Mango & lime Protein Conditioner, Whew! That's a mouth full.
I ran into this product during one of my many "window shopping product searches".  Of course it was tucked away in the row or plethora of natural hair products.  Honestly, I never even heard of this line so I was extremely pleased and mesmerized to stumble upon this rare gem.

First what I loved about this product, I loved the color of the bottle.  I know that seems so elementary but this was the main reason that I even noticed it in the sea of so called natural hair product.  The bottle was vibrant, the bottle was fun, for goodness sake the bottle was yellow! Jamaican Mango & lime is packaged with easy to read ingredients and easy to read was enough for me to pick it up and finally purchase it with its easy on the pocket cost, ranging from $4.89 to $5.99. I must say it was a steal.

So it's true, I purchased this only because of the package and not to mention the intense and I do mean INTENSE fragrance!  I had to take a whiff of this stuff on my way to purchase it! The smell was heavenly.  It has a tropical or Island scent of lemon, lime and mango fused together.  I absolutely love scents.  It doesn't matter what scent it is as long as it smells good and this fragrance is heavenly.

The consistency is perfect.  Not to thick not to thin just right.  Now for the technical parts.  I often co-wash my hair.  This means I often forgo the shampoo stage and use conditioner instead of shampoo.  My hair is currently not Locked!  This product is for those whose hair is in a natural loc or often twist state.  That does not mean that it cannot be used on loose naturals it just means that my hair isn't loc'd and I may not have been able to receive the fulleness of what the product was meant to do.

It states that it
  • strengthens locks
  • prevents breakage
  • moisturizes
  • natural conditioner
My favorite of the 4 proclaimed actions that I expected and what it actually did for my naturally loose tresses was prevent breakage.  I found less strands after as little as 3 co-washes and I also perceived that my strands were strengthened.  I give this product a score of a 79%. 

Here's why:
  • The smell was phenomenal.  If you are someone who does not like strong scents I would suggest steering clear from this product line.  Their products pack a punch and I love it.  It's an awesome change to the normal vanilla, cocoa butter scents that many product have. 20%
 
  • The packaging caught my I.  Many times I find the packaging to be a mimic of another line that could be easily confused (pink lotion and pin motions are the same except the wording is in a different color) Their package is vibrant beautiful easy to distinguish and most importantly easy to read.)  20%
 
  • Directions and ingredients.  Not all the ingredients are organic but I that is not an issue for me considering that more than half of the ingredients are.  They are also extremely easy to read and follow directions in both English and French so for me that's another 15%
 
  • Here's where the points are deducted.  The actual efficiency of what the product proclaims to do.  It is supposed to do4 things two of which would be to be a natural conditioner and moisturize your hair.  it definitely fell short in these areas for me however I take in account that I am a loose natural given my final score in this area 10%
 
  • I know that this score is mediocre but let's keep in mind that we need our products to actually do all or close to all of the main areas that we want out of them so for the idea of being a Protein conditioner I give  it a 14%
 
My final opinion on Rasta Locks Twist Jamaican Mango & lime Protein Conditioner, I would buy this again.  It does clean your hair and give a refreshing cleansed smell.  I liked the consistency however desired a little more thickness because I am a loose natural.  The slick or ease during detangling was average.  But the scent and ability to strengthen my strands was what won me over.
 
What are some of your thoughts on this product?  What id you like or dislike and what did I forget to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment