JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Not about hair, but hear me out!!!

Bible study has left me with a Selah for thought. Those of you who really know me, know that I don't mind being the common day martyr. If a question needs to be asked and your afraid I'll ask, if the majority of us have an issue I'll speak for the people. I've learned years ago that I was a trail blazer, never bothered me none. But tonight at Bible Study as I spoke for those who to often are shot down or misunderstood. I felt the criticism of those I spoke for!! Not to far from a place that I once was, topics of what's perverse can and can't be done etc, etc.

I started thinking about Kirk Franklin's lyrics, when he says that church taught us "how to shout and how to speak in tongues but teacher please teach us how to live NOW once the tongues are done." Some people really just don't know, it doesn't make them carnal or playing, they really just don't know! Life is going on marriage, children, bills, gains, loss, etc... We need specific instructions on how God's word is relevant to manage our lives 2011. (and trust it still has power and yes the bible is our instructions) But until they can hear from the Holy Spirit, our teacher, there are some areas that they may continue to miss until the conviction and relationship with God comes.

 There are areas that to the church may seem taboo, but a new generation of people are arriving they wanna know and understand why a thing is sin, and it won't always be because they operate in rebellion or error but we have to be a people that can be ready to give an in season word. So let's not be the christian that turns up a snooty nose, or the one that runs ahead so far that we forgot when God delivered, from that thing. Allow people to ask, reflect, GROW and the speed that they do will reflect
God's love and compassion that was shown toward them during those seasons of misdirection in their lives!

Sigh... Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, 2 Peter 2:2 allow God to nurture those according to the level that they are on.   Although we feed on Him We still are learning DAILY. Thank you Lord for my Pastor, an awesome teacher of God's word and with that I return to...Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment