JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Simple Love of My Natural Hair

Okay, I am Natural no shock or surprise.  It's quite obvious when you take a glance at the texture of my hair.   I love the freedom that I have with my hair.  I love the way that there's no stress if my hair gets wet.  I love the way that my hair responds when I pamper it.  I love the fact that I can actually eat my products, meaning that the cost of beauty supplies has greatly decreased.

 I must admit that I miss the days of literally washing and literally going.  Those were the days of foundation.  I used those initial day's to spoil, show off and spoil my curls.  That maybe the reason they respond so obediently.  I miss the day's of just wrapping my hair and going to bed.  Finding new styles in my new length and allowing my hair to welcome a friendly conversation is so refreshing.

I realize that the word transition is not isolated to transitioning from perm to natural.  I find myself constantly transitioning from length to length, regimen to regimen and product to product.  Each phase demanding to be recognized for it's new texture and specialized need for care.

 I know that I have options and I know that this is a journey but for now I am enjoying the simplicity of my hair and truly enjoying the journey.  No matter the length, the new Scientology, or the in product, I sincerely am loving the simple nature of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment