JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Friday, November 15, 2013

Be a Consistent Blogger

Consistency is the name of the game.  Once you have found your target market using the perfect niche, you must be consistent.  As routine as the daily paper, or checking your facebook page you have to be consistent.  Consistency does not mean boring but it does mean that you are focusing on content, finding new ways to present it and capturing your readers attention.  Giving great information to the point they have to come back to get your expertise on the topic.

My major problem is this very thing.  The fact that I am so random sometimes kills traffic to my blog.  Consistency in ONE area is important.  I love everything and through my experiences in life I have great insight on several areas.  That isn't a problem if you are blogging for the sake of blogging.  However if you are blogging to make residual income that is not going to suffice. 
                                                                   picture from http://petsforlife.com.sg/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dog-Bored.jpg


What you need to do, find a topic that you can talk about in your sleep.  You know all about it.  In and out up and down.  A topic that would have your audience wondering if you were the actual inventor of the niche.  Grab it and run with it.  DO NOT mimic what is obviously already being done in that niche.  Take a minute and put your own spin on it.  Just because there are billions of blogs on fashion bring your own eye, opinion and review of the thing.  Remember you have your own audience and it's not the same as the next blogger.

Find your rhythm.  That simply means find the day or time that blogging can be done.  When are you at your most creative.  If writing in the morning is when all your creative juices flow then do it then.  In the beginning you may want it to be daily or even twice a day.  As you begin to get a following you may want to do it 2 times a week, or weekly.  Trust me there will always be something to talk about if it's your passion.  No matter what angle blog about it.  I know this seems elementary but the truth is some of us write fervently for the first month, then give up a 3 months in because we don't have a following.  Don't expect to get a following even with an awesome routine at least for 1 year and I would say anything shorter you have an actual celebrity guru in with you. 

All in all be consistent.  The more you write the more often your name will hit the wonderful world of Google.  I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment