JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Monday, November 4, 2013

My stress reliever

I seriously like to do 2 things when I'm in a major funk.  They are a bit weird and a little unconventional but I'll share it with you anyway.  LAUNDRY and BAKING!!!  Okay, I said it. 
Just imagine your frustrated, your upset, your sad or just in a funk!  These two things somehow sore me into a place of refreshing, sweet clean thoughts.

Let me elaborate.  Many times in life we all just want to begin over again. Get a second chance, a revise.  When I sit and I'm bogged down by life's issues I begin by first deciding which of the two LOVES I need to do and which I can actually afford time to do.

Baking that's self explanatory.  It has all life's ingredients mashed together and melts together wonderfully.  It blends and dances into a beautiful aroma that just causes life to exude happiness from all worries.  Your a kid again indulgent into the sweet affair of savory bites.  But between the two this is usually the relief of stress that I use when the family is in a funk.  I mean after all a spoon full of sugar will let the "misery" of life go down.

Laundry is usually my go to stress relief.  Sorting out the colors or problems of the week.  Colorizing them so they won't bleed over into the other garments or issues of life.  Choosing the level of heat that needs to tackle the stain.  Does it need a gentle tone of cold water or a hard scornful you won't defeat me level of wash.  Putting them into there perspective wash cycles with my choice of detergent to wash away all that has tried to cause me to either throw a garment away or second guess if it is still my favorite piece is AAAWWWWEEESOMMME!  That final wash gives you a chance to once over decide if a more permanent decision is needed....BLEACH!  This is some heavy enforcement it's permanent, it's aggressive but tough situations call for it. 

The awe of just sitting and watching the colors emerge through the class, watching the suds fill the basin, just watching the concern of "will these things get washed clean" erases with each rinse.  RINSE. Finally it's ready to be dried out and finalizing any area that need be complete.

What are some unconventional ways you relieve stress in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment