JoyfullExpressions

My photo
ATL, Georgia, United States
Jack of all trade Master of some!!! I love, Love, LOVE, everything art, and anything from the heart. My love comes from a relationship of being able to view beauty even in tragedy. I most desire to help, encourage and enjoy those that are going through, been through, and conquered issues in life. I don't believe that a degree equals expreience so I hope that those experts of life will free to share their experiences in different arenas so that another person won't have to endure the struggle. So read, blog, laugh, cry but embrace life through whatever instrument you choose.

Popular Posts

Friday, August 30, 2013

Hair, Already Here!!

Let's move from the theatrics of saying all the wonderful benefits that natural hair can offer and get straight to the root of the situation!  Nurtured, loved and grown, where do we grow from here! I couldn't resist the pun in that one.  I have been natural for 2 years and 10 mths. and I am quite fascinated with the phases that my hair has journeyed  through.  I am loving the fact that I can pull it into a flawless puff, or allow the curls to cascade down my shoulders.  However, I  am wondering what phase comes next or at all?  Is all the hair that to be adorned on my crown already HERE!!

Will my hair continue this exciting journey or have I been plagued to be one of the many that have reached  my terminal length.  I am actually still reluctant to believe there is one but I digress.  Let's face it one of the many benefits of being natural is the remarkable state that our tresses can grow.  The healthy state that we can cultivate them  to  maintain. 

Fully understanding terminal length has me questioning if our counterpart of naturally locked brothers and sister excluded from this so called terminal length merely because there shed hair just continues on in their lock OR could it be that our hair if uninterrupted just really keeps growing and growing and growing.  After all when put into protective styles in effort to be away from the elements our hair flourishes and grows.

So my question to myself am I okay with the  here that is currently fixated on my head  or do I yearn for more?  Is my hair at the terminal length that even if I continue protective styling or nurturing it would get no longer???  We have all learned and have some level of understanding of the phases of growth that goes in and out of dormancy BUT does our hair really have a final destination! What's your take on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment